Date of enactment: September 30, 2011
Date of latest revision: December 20, 2019
Uhuru Corporation’s business domains are public cloud, marketing cloud and IoT solutions. Our management philosophy is to “Create the future with technology and free thinking”. To maintain an organization that embodies such philosophy, we fully acknowledge our social responsibility to protect personal information that we deal with. We shall protect individual rights and interests and shall comply with laws and regulations relating to personal information.
We also hereby declare that we shall take company-wide initiatives to establish and continuously improve a personal information management system in view of the most up-to-date trend of IT technologies, and changes in social demand and the business environment to materialize our policy as described below.
- a) Our company shall obtain, use and provide personal information in a proper manner within the scope of pre-defined purposes including business operation, recruitment and management of human resources. We will not make use of personal information beyond the range justifiable for fulfilling the purposes (unintended use) and shall take appropriate measures to ensure proper handling of personal information.
- b) Our company shall comply with laws and regulations, government guidelines and other norms pertaining to the use of personal information.
- c) Our company shall take reasonable safety measures to avoid risks of unauthorized access, leak, loss, damage and such of personal information. We shall inject necessary management resources according to actual business circumstances and shall make efforts to reinforce security of personal information continuously. We shall also establish an internal regulation for rectifying events uncalled for and shall maintain optimal protection of personal information.
- d) Our company shall respond quickly and sincerely to complaints and inquiries related the handling of personal information in compliance with our internal regulation.
- e) We shall reevaluate our personal information management system in a timely and appropriate manner with consideration to the changes of the environment surrounding our company and shall continue to make improvements to the system.
This policy shall be provided to all executive officers and employees of our company to keep everyone informed. It will also be made available to any other party.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Name or title, department and contact number of Chief Privacy Officer (or his/her substitute)
Chief Privacy Officer: Takao Kobori
2. Purpose of use of personal information obtained and possessed by our company
Personal information obtained by our company shall be guarded strictly and shall be handled within thescope of purposes provided below. Said information shall not be subject to unintended use.
Scope of party entitled to joint use of personal information
Uhuru Corporation and its group companies
Personal information obtained by our company shall be used for the following purposes:
1) Personal information related to our company’s business
- (1) To provide information on and accept applications for seminars and events that our company organizes or participates in
- (2) For user registration and identity verification for services provided by our company
- (3) To offer information on and proposals for services provided through our company’s business
- (4) To offer maintenance and support for services provided through our company’s business
- (5) To respond to inquiries concerning services provided through our company’s business
- (6) To improve the quality of our business services
- (7) For correspondence, cooperation, negotiation, fulfillment of contracts, etc. relating to our company’s business
2) Personal information of job applicants:
- (1) For selection processes
- (2) For selection procedures and to notify applicants about our decision
- (3) For pre-onboarding procedures and for correspondence related to onboarding procedures
* Regarding the above provisions, personal information includes name, email address, address, phone number, sex and date of birth. IP address, cookie and web beacon shall also be obtained by us when access is made to our company’s website.
3. Entrustment of personal information obtained by our company to third parties
Handling of personal information may entirely or partly be entrusted to third parties. In such cases, our company shall select parties we accredit for proper handling of personal information, stipulate appropriate provisions in the outsourcing contract for safety management measures, non-disclosure, conditions for subcontracting, and other terms for handling personal information such as returning personal information upon expiration of the contract and shall maintain supervision as considered necessary and adequate.
4. Providing personal information obtained by our company to third parties and joint use of said information
Personal information obtained by our company shall not be provided to third parties or be put to joint use without the individual’s prior consent.
1) Cases in which personal information shall be provided to third parties are the following:
- (1) Upon the concerned individual’s consent
- (2) When required by law
- (3) In case of urgent need for protecting a person’s life, corporeity, property, etc.
5. Safety management for personal information protection
Our company shall establish an internal regulation with provisions to protect personal information that we obtain. We shall ensure that all employees are well informed and educated about the provisions and shall conduct periodical audit to confirm that the provisions are abided by. We shall also continue to preserve and improve safety measurements to protect personal information obtained by our company.
6. Procedures for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc.
1) “Personal information subject to non-disclosure” that our company holds are the following:
- (1) Personal information of customers that we have obtained in the process of our business operations. (Does not include personal information provided by business operators with whom our company is under outsourcing agreement)
- (2) Personal information relating to our business partners
- (3) Personal information pertinent to employment management concerning all our company’s workers
- (4) Personal information relating to all individuals seeking to join our company
- (5) Personal information of all individuals who have made inquiries to our company
2) Destination of disclosure request
Please contact our Personal Information Inquiry Desk mentioned above about disclosure requests. In case you wish to request notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction/addition/deletion of contents, suspension/discontinuation of use, elimination, and suspension/discontinuation of provision to third parties of your personal information in our company’s possession, please fill out the prescribed form and submit it to us.
3) Upon receiving a request for disclosure, we shall go through procedures to verify the identity of the requestor as needed. Please send copies of the following official certificates via recorded delivery for identification:
- (1) Driver’s license
- (2) Passport
- (3) Health insurance certificate
- (4) Pension handbook
* Submission of authorization letter is required for verifying the identity of an agent. Copies of official certificates of both the individual concerned and the agent must be submitted for disclosure request by proxy. Request for disclosure by phone, email and fax shall not be accepted. Necessary documents must be submitted by postal mail that allows confirmation of dispatch, such as recorded delivery.
* Authority of representation of the statutory agent of minor or adult ward shall be confirmed by verifying official documents certifying such authority.
4) A fee of up to 1,000 yen shall be charged for each disclosure request (request to notify the purpose of use / request to disclose personal information subject to disclosure). When it is definite that the fee exceeds this amount, the requestor shall be notified separately.
5) Method of disclosure in response to a disclosure request:
- (1) Our reply to a disclosure request shall be given basically in written form to the requestor personally. There may be cases in which we reply by phone, email or fax upon approval by the requestor. As for requests for correction, suspension/discontinuation of use, etc., we will make corrections/additions/deletions or suspend/discontinue use after verifying the requestor’s identification and confirming his or her right to request disclosure.
- (2) In case the requested disclosure is not possible, we shall notify the reason to the requestor by means described in (1).
6) Purpose of use of personal information obtained in the process of receiving disclosure requests
- (1) To respond to disclosure requests
7. Inquiries and complaints related to the handling of personal information
Please contact our Personal Information Inquiry Desk mentioned above.
8. Certified personal information protection organization
Name of certified personal information protection organization
and destination to file complaints
- Name of certified personal information
- Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC) Destination to file complaints
- Destination to file complaints
- Personal Information Protection Complaints Desk
- Roppongi First Building 1-9-9, Roppongi,
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Zip:106-0032
* The above is not the contact point for inquiries about services provided by our company.